News | PR

Empower Lives
Through Culinary Arts with
Chefs For a Cause 2019

Click for more news

Held at HUONE in Clarke Quay, 14 notable local chefs banded together to serve their signature dishes at the fourth edition of Chefs For A Cause (CFAC), a signature culinary event of Project Happy Feet (PHF), in an effort to raise funds for the School Life Fund @ South East.

Chefs For A Cause 2019 - Groupshot of Chefs

Chefs For A Cause 2019 - Dr Maliki launches School Life Fund @ South East, a ground up initiative by Chefs For A Cause 2019

Chefs For A Cause 2019 - Dr Maliki with student volunteers from ITE College West

Launched by Dr Mohamad Maliki bin Osman (Senior Minister of State, Ministry of Defence & Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Mayor of South East District at CFAC 2019), the School Life Fund @ South East aims to support the educational needs of underprivileged students from mainstream primary and secondary schools, as well as those of the underprivileged special needs students as they learn relevant skills useful for future employment. The Fund will empower these underprivileged students through offering school supplies, school pocket money, academic programmes, vocational training, and enrichment programmes.

This year’s event presented an enticing array of 13 interesting Asian-inspired and classic western dishes that showcased the culinary flair of the chefs. Patrons also had the opportunity to enjoy a special dish prepared by the Guest-of-Honour Dr Mohamad Maliki bin Osman. Entirely sponsored by participating chefs, sponsors and volunteers, 100% of the proceeds for CFAC 2019 went directly towards supporting the appointed charities.

This year’s event, held in conjunction with Project Happy Feet’s 10th anniversary, raised a total of S$16,800, where S$13,440 (80% of proceeds) went to the School Life Fund @ South East, making the chefs the first group of people to donate to the Fund. With the South East CDC matching donations dollar-for-dollar, the event raised S$26,880 in total for the Fund. The remaining 20% of proceeds from the event (S$3,360) was channeled to This Life Cambodia to support its Lower Secondary School Development Programme.

As the pro-bono PR agency for this meaningful project, The Good Folks invited key media and influencers to the event and secured notable features by The Straits Times, Honeycombers Singapore, SethLui.com, 8days, 8world and more. Through The Good Folks, the event also garnered support from over 25 personalities, including well-known artistes as Lawrence Wong, Yahui, Cynthia Koh, Kelly Poon, Jade Seah and Meixin.

For more information on Project Happy Feet’s Chefs for A Cause 2019, please visit http://cfac.projecthappyfeet.org/.

Chef Anderson Ho Chef Benjamin Tan Chef Daniel Sia Chef Daniel Tay Chef Forest Leong Chef Ho Chan Fei Chef Jimmy Chok Chef Louis Tay Chef Pang Kok Keong Chef Phillip Lee Chef Robert Chan Chef Xu Tian Mu